Is Now The Time?
Is Now the Time for Transformation?
Transformation is a serious step in the life of a congregation. It is born of the awareness that “more of the same” is leading to death. It draws on the discernment of the membership and leadership that the congregation is called by God to continue to work in a community that desperately needs to hear the Word of grace made real because Christ is alive and working in our midst.
STEPS TO TRANSFORMATION:
• Agree that congregational life is first and foremost based on spiritual depth and vitality.
• Identify the congregations identity and core values.
• Establish cooperative working relationships between the pastor and key lay leaders.
• Reconnect the congregation with it’s surrounding community.
• Plan for mission and then carry out the plan.
• Commit adequate resources to the mission of the congregation.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God – what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2)